Re: I think I'm going to do a frame off....(and more stuff for

To: MillerD2@idhw.state.id.us, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: I think I'm going to do a frame off....(and more stuff for
From: DemonTSi@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 16:03:40 EDT
In a message dated 4/19/99 6:50:30 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
MillerD2@idhw.state.id.us writes:

<< Van, since you are changing the motor, it is much easier to make all your
 mounts when the car body is off. I know! The thing to do is make sure you
 have all your measurements and templates made BEFORE you remove the body.
 Take lots of measurements.>>

I plan on doing the fitting of the new engine with the body on. I'll make all
the measurements then, just to make sure everything on the engine clears
everything on the car. Then when it comes time to make the mounts, I'll
probably end up doing that when the body's off, and at the painter's. I'm
planning on torching off the original motor mount brackets on the frame, and
moving them back a good 4 or 5" for the new motor. I wonder if this might be
a bad idea though. If michael spreadbury's reading this...he'll have
something to say about it I'm sure! Right, mike??  :)

Van