I think I'm going to do a frame off....(and more stuff for

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: I think I'm going to do a frame off....(and more stuff for
From: DemonTSi@aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 06:14:25 EDT
Hi guys, I was stripping my car down today (not like it isn't already
stripped down) in preparation for pulling the engine and tranny, and I
realized that I might as well pull the body off the frame too. The interior
has basically been down to just a seat and dash, the engine and all related
accesories and electrical wiring are going to be outta there saturday
morning. There's absolutely nothing in the trunk...so should I just go ahead
and do a frame off?? I'm not looking at going all out and zinc-plate and
powder coat everything, etc. But I was planning on pulling the body off to
have it repaired and painted. And while that's off, I can POR15 the frame (to
match my nice new suspension bits :)

Is this a good idea? I mean, it's not that hard to remove the body from the
frame correct? The only things I think might be potential problems right now
are the brake and clutch lines, and also if there are any pads between the
body and frame...

About the stuff for sale: I have a complete set of front suspension urethane
bushings/boots I'd like to sell. They're brand new, just got them from dean
at fairlady earlier this week or last. I'd use them, but the suspension parts
I picked up already have new urethane on them! There are 18 pieces
total...please email me if you're interested.

Van