Timing

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Timing
From: Xcokid@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 21:52:28 EDT
I need some input on distributor installation for my two liter.
I think the thing that has me guessing is that there are two different places
on the distributor where you can change the timing. The adjustment at the
right side of the the distributor that has the incremental markings on it for
advance and retard and the other bolt that is installed from the bottom up,
which is toward the front of the car. Now, when the distributor is installed
correctly, where should that forward bolt be positioned? In the middle,
extreme left, extreme right, or it just don't matter?
You could install the distributor a tooth off and get the timing in, couldn't
you?
And would that effect performance? What would be the best way to install a
distributor on U20 that the timing has been disturbed?

Thanks

Rick Stayner
69 2000
Harrisburg, Pa