timing

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: timing
From: Matthew W Peterson <pete-3@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 10:30:16 -0500
Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding timing.  I just got done retiming my car to
12 degrees below TDC but my manual also says to adjust for octane level.
How do I know how far to advance/retard the timing if I'm using middle
grade gasoline (90)?  I see two places to adjust it, one is where the
distributer is attached to the block and the other is by a bolt on the
underside of the distributer.  They both seem to do the same thing.  Am I
right?  Right now the car doesn't seem to take off as fast from slow
rpm's as it did before.

Any help is appriciated,

Matt Peterson
'68 1600
Zimmerman, Mn (and spring finally feels like spring)