Re: support and 2000 to restore

To: Datsun Roadsters - Post List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: support and 2000 to restore
From: jhatfield@cavemen.net (William Hatfield)
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 13:12:38 -0600
       I haven't made any real long trips in the roadster, just one trip
to Pate in Ft. Worth. (1000m)   I've made several trips to Las Cruces.
(420m roundtrip) .   All without a hitch.  I'm hoping to make the all
Datsun meet maybe next year if I can get loose.  So if you want to take
the trip in a roadster go for it, It will be more fun that way.
       To Jim's question about a 2000 to restore, there have been some
cars for sale on this list.  What part of the country are you in?   If
you go with the idea of a V6, the VG30 is a good choice.  Nissan used
them in Pickups and Z cars from 86 to the nid 90s, so it shouldn't be to
hard to find one in a wrecking or a donor car.   Mine came from a
wrecking yard in Albq. and Don Miller in ID has a Z car donor for his
V6.    Just some comments for now.
                                                   Bill  66&67spls in
N.M.