Re: Looking for a Datsun 2000 to restore

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Looking for a Datsun 2000 to restore
From: walter@omni.sps.mot.com (Thomas Walter)
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 99 14:37:04 CDT
James,

Where do you live (City, ST)? That might help you
get some responses in where to find a roadster for
sale.

I would recommend spending the most money possible
and getting the nicest roadster you can find. Cheaper
in the long run.

As to installing a V6, or other engine. If you find
a running roadster, and can road test it, just keep
it stock. Properly maintained roadsters are reliable.

On bought a "non-running" roadster that was a nightmare
of hidden problems. Thankfully I was able to recover
some of the money as another roadster owner need some
sheet metal (which wasn't too bad on the car), but
my thoughts of building up a special purpose autox
car were soon dashed when I started taking everything
apart (hint, when draining the oil out of the transmission
you should not be hearing "kaplop" noises!)

Cheers,

Tom Walter
Austin, TX
Old enough to know better... but likes the challange of
"some work needed cars".