Re: Save this Fairlady......

To: datsun65@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Save this Fairlady......
From: "jerry thompson" <jwt101@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 19:40:21 PDT
Dan,

I have bid on this car and am going to try to save it as I have
always wanted a 65. (Year I was born) It will need extensive rust
repair to the floors, rear quarters, and sides of body behind the
doors. I went to see it yesturday and as much as i had wished that it
wouldnt be to bad after sitting outside for ten years, It was pretty
bad, top had went years ago and the people where it is at said he had
only retarped it twice in all the time it had been there. the car
will be a big project but will be fun to drive when it is done. Cindy

>From: "Dan Zubkoff" <datsun65@hotmail.com>
>To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
>Subject: Save this Fairlady......
>Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 09:47:55 PDT
>
>Saw the following on Ebay....
>
>Current bid is at $400 (USD)
>
>http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=93595341
>
>1965 Datsun 'Fairlady' Roadster. SPL31010981, poor body due mostly to
>rust, a few dents. This car is for 'parts only' we think. It was
>running when parked in Sandpoint Idaho after a trip from Colorado. We
>went to Alaska and temporarily parked our little roadster back in
>1990. Well, temporary became longterm. The poor girl has suffered
from
>being stored under a tarp outside. It is NOT running now but the
>engine turns over by hand. It had electrical problems. So, mostly the
>car is for mechanical and some body parts. Windshield is cracked,
>hoses are no good. Transmission and engine were in excellent shape.
>The car is 'as is, where is', no warranty implied or expressed.
Please
>call for more information. Car will not be shipped, you should go
look
>at it before bidding. You must tow it away if you buy it. lots of
good
>parts for someone restoring their own 'Fairlady'. The engine and SU
>carburetors are easily worth $400. Please e-mail for more
information.