Re: Fixing up a hardtop

To: tedcarrington@juno.com
Subject: Re: Fixing up a hardtop
From: Ken_Kiplinger@designsol.com
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 18:39:50 -0700
I ordered some weatherstripping from Snugtop about 3 years ago. You have to be
explicit about what you want though. The people at the shop didn't even know
that Snugtop had made roadster tops. They thought that I was talking about a
Datsun pickup until I explained myself about 4 times. It's not cheap either.
     Also, check that the top fits. It seems that every roadster is different.
Get some really good cement. Regular weatherstrip cement works only until you
put the top on. Also, make sure that you don't stretch it while putting it on.
I'm going to try some "Shoe Goo" this time around.
     I think that the missing part you  are referring to is for the soft-tops
only. If you find out different, can you let me know?
          Good Luck
               Ken
               Sun only '69 2000
               Santa Barbara, CA