overall electrical question

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: overall electrical question
From: Ken_Kiplinger@designsol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 19:54:41 -0700
Hi folks,
     When I took my alternator in to have it rebuilt last month, the guy at the
shop mentioned to me not to hook up too many accessories, as the older
electrical systems weren't designed to handle that much.
     This talk about the newer RJ20 and many lights, toys etc. got me wondering.
     What's the most accessories that anyone has hooked up to their stock U20
electrical system. Do I need to worry about hooking up an amp for the stereo?
(Besides anti-theft considerations)
     Will an extra battery in the trunk help? Or just blow everything up? Has
anyone stretched the limits and paid the price? Or was the guy at the shop
blowing smoke?
     By the way, I stopped by the Solvang gathering and stuck my head under a
few hoods. I've never seen that many Roadsters in one place. Thanks to everyone
who answered my newbie questions. I got my fever increased to get my '69 2000,
that's hasn't run for about 13 years, on the road.
                    Ken  - Santa Barbara
                    1969  2000 (starting to smell the road, just had the gas
tank cleaned out, now for the fluids and steering/front suspension boots)