fitting Miata seats

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: fitting Miata seats
From: JeffnAly@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 01:18:02 EDT
Hi all,
There has been a lot of talk about Miata seats, and I liked the look of them
in Eric Wittingers car so I went to the Mazda bone yard in Portland to see
what they would run.  Then I left with a set in the back of my truck for
$100.00

I fitted the seats in using the Miata seat rails with some alterations, and
used existing holes in the Roadster floor (not as easy as it sounds).

This is what I have noticed right off.  The Miata seat sits up higher.  I'm
5' 7" tall and now feel like the windshield height is a real issue.  If you
are tall and have a low glass car, Miata seats would not be the best choice.
They are comfortable and look nice.

Jeff S SRL486