oil pressure

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: oil pressure
From: Matthew W Peterson <pete-3@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 22:21:47 -0500
Hi everyone,

I was curious as to what the oil pressure should be for these cars.  My
guage doesn't ever go much past the half-way mark.  At cruising speed it
hovers around the half-way mark but when it idles the needle drops down
to almost zero.  Is this bad?  Is this normal?  Could my guage be off?

I would also like to ask if anyone has a used "N" for the hood of a '68
for a reasonable price.  I don't need anything that looks brand new as
the rest of the letters certainly show they're age.  As of now my hood
says  D A T S U      .  It's not a big deal but if anyone has an extra N
laying around that you don't want could you e-mail me?

Thanks,

Matt Peterson
'68 1600
Zimmerman, MN