Re: (Fwd) Cheap U20 timing components?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: (Fwd) Cheap U20 timing components?
From: Ken Pearce <kpearce@engr.ukans.edu>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 20:15:22 -0600 (CST)
> Admitted by the time you spend $600 in parts to use all
> OEM Nissan it gets expensive.

I think I spent close to $700 for all OEM timing parts.  I sleep much
better at night knowing it's one less thing to worry about.

I was trying to save some money when going back together with my engine
and was going to take a chance on the $68 clutch kit and $56 oil pump from
the local Parts America when my brother the mechanic gave me one of those
looks, shook his head and said, "you gotta watch those cheap parts,
there's not much that beats original Nissan..."  Needless to say I spent
the extra money.  If you have the money, spend it on OEM and help keep our
roadster suppliers in business!  That's my attitude anyway.

Ken Pearce, '68-2000
Lawrence, KS