Re: Magnetic numbers

To: <KWS711@aol.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Magnetic numbers
From: "Rob Robinson" <FastrTime@t-three.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2000 07:38:26 -0500
    I have the same problem, even with "new improved extra strong" magnetic
material from my friend at the graphics shop. They won't even stick to my
NOS driver door, which has zero bondo and just the current paint job on it.
Actually, they do stick OK when the car is parked, but they begin to fall
off about the time I shift to second on course. I had the same problem with
Z's... a '70, a '71 and a '75. The same numbers will stick to my '90 Maxima
just fine, up to at least 80mph...maybe the old metal really is different?
    Static cling material seems to work if I moisten the door before
application, but they won't last a whole season due to stretching/warping of
the plastic. If it won't lay flat, it won't stick.
    Until something better comes along, I'm just using liquid chalk or shoe
polish for numbers/letters at local events and taping the magnetics on at
divisional/national tour/prosolo events.

Rob Robinson
CSP 67 2000
Roanoke, VA