magnetic numbers

To: "Datsun Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: magnetic numbers
From: "Terry and Donna Cost" <tcost@vvm.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2000 15:09:52 -0600
I have the same problem with magnetic numbers.  My son even gave me the big
round magnet (20") to stick on the door first and it just slid off.  I've
cut numbers from the silver window tint from home improvement stores that
has a slightly sticky side, and with a mild soapy water solution I can get
them to stick really well, without damaging the paint.  Unfortunately, my
car is now close to the same color as the numbers, and can't be read when
I'm traveling at speed (for me, over 20 MPH). The number has to dry before
you get out in the wind, or it will peel, and you can't swap or change
numbers for two drivers.

My latest SCCA magazine lists graphics companies that sell numbers and
letters in all sizes and all materials.  Solotime@southwind.net will send
you a free catalog.  I have one around here somewhere, and it has everything
I want.  I'm just too frugal (cheap) to spend the money.  Their telephone #
is  316-683-3803. Squierdesign has a similar catalog
http://members.aol.com/squierdsgn  and their telephone # is 800-867-5555.
GT Graphics, 800-435-3278, Pro Tape Racing Graphics,
www.autocross.com/protape/  and AAK Racing graphics, www.aakracing.com  are
also advertised.  If someone finds a cheap alternative at Wal-Mart please
let me know.