Oh, Never Mind...

To: Datsun List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oh, Never Mind...
From: "David R. Conrad" <conrad1@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2000 12:59:16 -1000
I think it was Gilda Radner's character (in the old Saturday Night Live)
as Joanna Rosanna-Dana, in "interviews" with Jane Curtin who would emote
passionately on a subject posed by Curtin.  When Curtin would say
something like, " I said 'peas not fleas'", Rosanna-Dana would reply,
"Oh, never mind".  Only funny or apropos, if you remember those skits.

Anyhow, that "Oh, never mind" is appropriate for my "Oh, No!!!!" message
of yesterday.  The message did allow me to vent my frustration (and
concern) about all that white smoke "billowing out"  to someone other
than my wife.

Started the car this morning.  It started fine and ran well.  Absolutely
NO smoke of any color.  (Well, maybe a little black at the start from
being choked.)

Yesterday, it was raining very hard, with 100% humidity.  I did the
work, of course, in my garage.  The only thing I can attribute all that
white smoke to, is from the moisture in the air until the engine had
heated up a bit.

Really didn't make any sense to have all that white smoke issuing from
the exhaust when all I had done was perform an oil/filter change, but I
was prepared to think the worst!  Guess I should have done as the women
(in Michael Landskroner" "the Oil Change message), and just have taken
the car to a Jiffy Lube.

Nope doesn't look like I need to replace a head gasket!  Think I will,
though, retorque the head bolts, and adjust the valves again :-).

Dave
'68 1600
Kailua-Kona

(Hey, it's usually dry on this side of the island.)