Re: SU Question

To: 9laser3@bright.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SU Question
From: BERKEN@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 22:32:56 EDT
In a message dated 04/03/2000 3:03:29 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
9laser3@bright.net writes:

<< Joseph,

   Can the overflow be just a section of rubber fuel hose?  My 1600 just
 dumps out on to the exhaust manifold!  there is a tiny bit of plastic hose
 of some kind stuck on the metal pipe.
   What would you recommend?

 Paul
 OROC

 <snip>
 >You definitely don't want the fuel overflows (not returns) sealed off.
 They
 >are there to let fuel go to the ground if a float gets stuck.  The original
 >floats are brass and if they develop a pinhole, will get filled up and
 sink,
 >letting the needle and seat keep letting in fuel.  If you have the old
 floats
 >you can get new ones from any of the vendors, that are plastic.  The
 overflow
 >hoses should be routed outside the frame into the wheel well, AWAY from the
 >hot exhaust manifold.
 >
 >Joseph Berkenbile
 >70 1600
 >Warren ME >>

Paul,

Fuel hose works fine.  You might want to tie the hose to the frame with a
couple of zip-ties also to keep them in place.

Joseph