Re: Part number/source help

To: horne@cs.utexas.edu, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Part number/source help
From: BERKEN@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 22:30:44 EDT
In a message dated 04/03/2000 2:53:42 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
horne@cs.utexas.edu writes:

<< The jet fuel hoses are NLA from the dealer.  I stopped at a parts house to
see
 what they had to replace them.  I was told that folks have been using vacuum
 hose.  I questioned the composition of this hose and was told that it was the
 same as fuel line.  The only difference between vacuum and fuel line is that
 fuel line has braided reinforcement.  Does that sound correct to you?  I
 dont want to put it on, only to have one disolve and dump fuel on a hot
 exhaust manual!  (I was once told that heater hose was the same composition
as
 fuel line and used it on an external oil cooler only to have it blow in a bit
 over a day.  Luckily the shop paid to rebuild the engine.)

 Thanks,
 Pat

Pat,

I used vacuum hose and it hasn't dissolved. Has been on several years with no
problem.  I have little tiny clamps on each one also.

Joseph Berkenbile
70 1600
Warren Me