Collision Avoidance

To: "Todd Osborn" <trosborn@california.com>,
Subject: Collision Avoidance
From: "Edgarhouse" <rvedgar@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 05:04:38 -0700
Todd I am really sorry to hear about your car.  Having had mine for one year
now and spending countless hour working on it and driving it I can feel your
pain.
I live is south Florida were the chances of that happening are increased by
the number of retired folks that can not see to drive, but still are on the
road.

My I suggest to the list that we all do what is it takes to increase the
safety of our cars.  My first addition to my car was a Collision Avoidance
Light.  It is ugly I agree, but, It IS PROVEN TO WORK!

Many times I have seen cars speeding down on me at a light and by hitting
the brake pedal once or twice I change their approach speed.
I have only seen one other roadster with an avoidance light and it was built
into the roll bar.

Safety is also way my front halogen running light come on when I turn the
key. Seeing bright lights coming at you gets your attention.  That's what I
want, their attention.

My car is in need of a roll bar and full safety belts.  Those are the next
items I would like to buy when we can afford it.

Possibly there are some other alternatives.

My photos are at.
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=124639&Auth=false

and at http://edgarhouse.homepage.com/Roadsters.html

Ron & Julie Edgar