Z and Tranny

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Z and Tranny
From: Chris.Brucciani@ercgroup.com
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 10:22:56 -0500
<<Must be real rare, a 1971 240Z with a 2.6L engine. Probably means it
wasn't
stock? So is the price out of line?>>

Taking into account Dan Zubkoff's excellent points, I don't think that this
price is that far out of line if it is in good to excellent shape.  Nicely
restored cars are advertised down here in the $7,000 to $17,000 range.  And
most of these are the run of the mill high production models.  Earlier
models are more desirable.  Keep in mind that the factory restored versions
sold a few years ago went for $24,000 to $35,000 or so!

Regarding the Z tranny swap, all I can say is that my 4 speed Z tranny feels
a whole lot more solid than my 5 speed roadster tranny.  The Z units are
rock solid.  Best of all - cheap.  It sounds reasonable to me.  Please
enlighten as to the drawbacks.

Chris Brucciani
1968 SRL 3032
1973 240Z