RE: Z and Tranny

To: "'Chris.Brucciani@ercgroup.com'" <Chris.Brucciani@ercgroup.com>,
Subject: RE: Z and Tranny
From: Jerry Sharp <jsharp@newsouth.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 12:02:27 -0400
Chris,

One drawback that I have seen with the Z's, especially the early ones, is
the rusting out of the body underpanels in the front.  With the unibody
construction, and relatively thin gauge metal, I have seen some 240's that
the front end was about ready to fall off.  I saw one where the front wheel
had 5 degree camber on the right front, and when looking up into it, the
body panels were buckling.

The person whom I was looking at it for had just bought it from a used car
dealer in Arkansas, and she had driven it to Dallas, where I saw it.  I felt
so sorry for her in that there was no way she could have gotten it back to
Arkansas except trucking it back.

Of course the roadsters got the frame, and the body could totally rust off,
and it can keep a'goin....

jls