new owner, many questions

To: "'roadster.netlist'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: new owner, many questions
From: "Ofarrell, Fergus" <Ofarrell.Fergus@hitco.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 13:51:30 -0700
Greetings from a new roadster owner in Huntington Beach, CA.
Having searched out all the info available and finally 'taken the plunge'
and bought one, I can see why those that have been bitten are so enthused
(maybe rabid is a better word) about them.
Mine: '69 2000, not an original color, so NOT going to be a bone-stock
restoration, more a maximum smiles for reasonable dollars project.

a few initial questions:

1. my temp gauge barely gets past 120-140, even while sitting in traffic. Is
this believable?  I can put my hand directly on top of the valve cover when
it's completely warmed up, so it's running fairly cool, but is 120-150
degrees max believable?

2. any way to replace engine mounts without complete engine/trans removal?

3. any suggestions for well-suited seat replacements/ swap outs? I'm pretty
tall and the present lo-back ones are pretty ragged, and I've seen some
pictures of others who seem to have switched.

4. Where to go for a new rollbar? (lap-only belts have girlfriend terrified)

I have ample access to 'cheap' (pronounced f-r-e-e) fiberglass supplies, so
if anyone has a haired-out hardtop that they want to unload, or are in the
area and in need of some repair supplies or some fabrication advice, feel
free to drop me a line and we'll figure something out.
(maybe trade for mechanical tips/ advice or maybe a lesson in dual carb
tuning? My previous experiences were with VW's of the dual port/single carb
variety, so I know the basics but the duals have me a bit wary right now)

Looking forward to open-road events,
Fergus O'Farrell