Re: Simple fix

To: datsun roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Simple fix
From: Gordon Glasgow <glasgow@serv.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 18:01:07 -0700
I had something similar happen many years ago. I did an ignition tuneup and
it absolutely would not start. Checked everything, couldn't find anything
wrong, finally convinced myself the coil must have died. So I pulled it out
and took it to a shop to see if they had any way to test it, and the guy
asked me if I was sure the feeler gauge was really clean when I gapped the
points. DUH! Cleaned the points, cleaned the feeler gauge, it worked fine.
Just a thin film of oil is enough to stop the whole thing.

--
Gordon Glasgow
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org