The Purists Vs. the Unique

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: The Purists Vs. the Unique
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 19:59:17 PDT
Hello All,

Been following with amusement the posts about the roadster on ebay with the
chrome trim and BIG scoop to fit the L20B engine. Through it all I couldn't
help but think "An automatic Datsun Roadster for 2 grand". Hell the body is
straight and the paint is OK. Dingle Balls or not (BTW, Dingle balls are
those little fuzzy balls that some people line the interior trim of their
cars with)this car could easily be put to stock (except for the engine) with
just a little work.

Every time I talk to Les Cannaday about my car, he always seems relieved
when I tell him I am not a purist when it comes to restoring my 67.5 2000.
My car has several unique parts (License trim anyone?) and if anyone had an
excuse to bail on doing a "correct" restoration it would be me.

There is a car listed for sale on CDM's website that has a denim top and
interior. Now that seems wild to me. So although my car may not be strictly
correct when I get it restored, it will be what I want. So my hat is off to
the guy who built what he wanted: a pimp-mobile loooking automatic
transmission having, great looking rag top owning car.

I hope mine turns out as well.

Andrew Murphy
67.5 2000 Solex
SoCalROC