Re: Solvang - Where is everyone?

To: Dennis Currington <dc311@mail.com>,
Subject: Re: Solvang - Where is everyone?
From: Marc Sayer <msayer1@concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 14:29:56 -0700
Dennis Currington wrote:

> To all Solvang attendees:
>
> If you have not sent in your money you need to let Todd McNall or myself
> know
> of your impending attendance.  After hearing all the people say they
> were going this year we expected this booming show. Well suffice it to
> say although it will be fun there is only about 30 of you signed up at
> this time. I have heard many names going that are still not on any list.
>
> Last year we had 55 cars at this late date. We need to wrap up the meal
> count and shirt count. This year I will be taking a few of you that
> choose not to go on the fun run over to the Mendenhall Land Speed Museum
>
> for some other fun car stuff.  It may cost a 10 spot since it is a
> private museum. Please contact me if you would like to go with me and a
> few friends into speed for a short detour. Please get in touch with Todd
>
> or Les about the show by this Sunday or you may not be eating or wearing
>
> a cool Solvang shirt.

Maybe like me they just haven't gotten around to it yet. My sneaky way
of saying I'll be there :-) I'm coming down on the Tuesday or Wednesday
before and visiting with Les (actually I'm bringing my 280ZXT down for
them to do some work on it). Then I'll be Les and I will be going to
both the Solvang show on Sat. and the MSA show on Sun. (hint hint, all
classic Datsuns welcome at MSA show). This will be my first time for the
Solvang show and I am looking forward to seeing some cool Roadsters. In
fact I am going to be taking some photos (both for ZCCD and for
Grassroots Motorsports) so polish up the old Datsun and... come on
downnnn.

For those of you who care, if I have the issue 16 CDs in time, I plan on
bringing them with me to the events. And thanks for all the nice
comments on the new digital format.

--
Marc Sayer
Editor/Publisher