Re: For Sale: $25,000 Roadster

To: Dennis Currington <dc311@mail.com>,
Subject: Re: For Sale: $25,000 Roadster
From: "Robin Krause" <robinkrause@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 15:16:47 PDT
Why do I have a Roadster?  Because I have limited funds and when I went out
and looked at the two-seater market, it was the best "bang for the buck."
Best price, best reliability, best performance in its class.  I went into it
knowing that it would always have its hand in my pocket, but not very far.
If the average Roadster cost big bucks, I would have to admire them from
afar. I like the fact that my little car turns more heads than the $60,000
Porsche down the street.  In the city of Microsoft, European sportscars are
everywhere.  I like the fact that I'm able to own a piece of class without
being in hock up to my eyeballs, and people feel like they can approach me
to talk about it.  They're friendly little cars, aren't they?

But, to score one for the other side, I would like to feel that someone who
puts $20,000 into restoring one, could recoup some of their money when they
sell it.  Sell it?  No, no, no, and no.

Robin Krause
Redmond, WA
1968.5 1600