Early steering wheel removal

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Early steering wheel removal
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 16:24:49 -0700
Okay, I know how to remove the late model steering wheels by a push and a
twist CCW on the horn button. Lots of high windshield experience.

I'm really embarassed to admit that I can't get my '66 steering wheel off.
(And little low windshield experience!) From looking at the parts diagram,
it looks like there is a clip/retaining ring holding the horn button on. I
tried prying the button off, but used very little force as I really don't
want to break it (especially so close to a drive to Solvang this week).

Are there any special access points to push on, or some special trick to
getting the horn button off? (Without damaging anything!)

Thanks, Fred - So.SF
'66 2L
'70 1600
'68 2L