Re: Looking for some Rear Comp Springs

To: glasgow@serv.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Looking for some Rear Comp Springs
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 22:14:18 EDT
 glasgow@serv.net writes:

<< Maybe that's why I've got a bad back. I've been running comp rears in mine
since the mid-70's. Yes, they're damn stiff!

 > casalp@earthlink.net writes:

you might want to go for a ride in a roadster that has comp springs in it.  I
was told that the racing springs were to stiff.  I have racing  springs on
mine, but it has never been, and won't ever  be on the street. ;-) David Pina

 >   >>
 > Dave,

Long time ago I tried the rear comp springs on on my CP 67 Solex, and like
many others found them too stiff for the bumpy east coast tracks. Finally
settled on the stock springs with a lowering kit from Bob Sharp.  Can't
imagine using the comp springs for the street. Jerry Krakauer SRL311 - 00099

Okay, I will add to this.  I am running with a brand new pair of the rear
Nismo springs and they are damn stiff.  I use my car 80/20 with the most use
on the street and the least on the track.  I live in SF and the roads are not
ideal for a super stiff car.  Especially when you run into an unexpected
pothole or a set of Cable Car tracks.  Yikes!  I literally get tossed out of
my seat.  And small dips taken at moderate speeds are a hassle too.  Now,
when I do use the car on the track the car once again is very stiff and tends
to oversteer alittle more.  ;>)  I am hoping that the stickier Yokahama A032
R's  will help in that area.  I have heard that the '66 1600 springs are
alittle lower than the later Roadsters and will drop the rear end about the
same as the Nismo units.  Actually when I use to own my '66 1600 I noticed
that it did sit very nice and low.

Michael "Calspeed" Carion
67.5 SRL311-000248 Solex