Re: 1967 1600 choke cable

To: Jim Bunte <jim.bunte@lineup.com>
Subject: Re: 1967 1600 choke cable
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 15:05:22 -0600
Jim,

  If you aren't into keepiny your car perfectly stock you can replace
the core of the choke cable fairly easily.  Take the whole assembly
out of the car and then take the control apart.  It is obvious how it
opens up when you see it.  Be watchful of the small flat spring inside
that will probably fall out when you open it up.  The core is just a
piece of steel control cable folded in the center.  I went down to my
local bike shop and purchased a length of deraleur cable (I wanted brake
cable, but they didn't have one long enough.).  The cable I bought was
teflon coated.  It works really well now and only cost a few $!
If the cable sheaths are bad you can replace them with bike brake sheaths.

Peace,
Pat

--
Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor, Future planner
voice (512)471-9517, fax (512)471-8885