Re: 1967 1600 choke cable

To: "Jim Bunte" <jim.bunte@lineup.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1967 1600 choke cable
From: "Nathan Ruffcorn" <nruff@famvid.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 20:38:00 -0600
Jim-
Looks like you've already gotten a bunch of great responses.  I just got
around to replacing the cable and sheath several weeks ago.  When you go to
the bike shop request the older style mountain bike brake cable.  This
thicker cable isn't used on newer bikes but they should have some.  Simple
procedure to replace-hardest part (if you can call it that) was recrimping
the new cable sheath into place.  Looks stock (black sheath) and works
smooth as butter.  Definitely worth the 15 minutes it takes to replace.
Nathan