torque vs thread pitch

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: torque vs thread pitch
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 11:34:56 -0600
Let's get some basic information here.  I purchased the Roadster repair
manual from Dr. Datsun recently and noted that the torques in it are
shown to be the same for both SAE and metric hardware (in the same location
on the car).  I always thought that fine thread (I.E. Metric) required less
torque to produce the same amount of clamping as coarse (SAE) threaded
hardware.  Has anyone verified the SAE vs Metric torque relationships?

Peace,
Pat

--
Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor, Future planner
voice (512)471-9517, fax (512)471-8885