Re: (OT) Permanent wedding ring-or changing batteries

To: horne@cs.utexas.edu
Subject: Re: (OT) Permanent wedding ring-or changing batteries
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 09:08:04 -0800
I would agree with Pat. Any electrical circuit is dead when it is open. It
doesn't matter where you complete the circuit. Current will not flow until
you have a path to ground. That path can be completed anywhere in the
circuit.

An arc is simply electricity finding a shorter path to ground. Electricty
will always follow the easiest path. The arcing to the ring just meant the
circuit decided there was less resistance in your ring than the normal path
to ground.

Andrew Murphy