Re: Fairlady in a texas field

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fairlady in a texas field
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 15:57:44 -0800
You summarized:
> Blow the lines, clean the carbs, new battery and off you go.

Well, the fuel tank is probably full of rust, those new clutch hydraulics
are likely rotted (the slave can probably be salvaged but probably
not the master), and I put a pretty solid bet that the calipers, rear
cylinders, and master brake cylinder are all quite gone ($500 just there).

A good project (emphasis on project) if you picked it up really cheap.
I've looked at several cars around here that 'ran fine when I parked it'...

-- John