RE: Fairlady in a texas field

To: glasgow@serv.net
Subject: RE: Fairlady in a texas field
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 12:29:00 -0800
I hate to toss my hat in with the cautionary people, but I have some
experience with this. I bought my 67 2000 Solex after it had been sitting
for five years. It was complete and looked to be in great shape.

First off, the entire braking system had to be replaced. Calipers, rotors,
lines, master cylinder, the whole melon.

In my case the transmission had to be rebuilt.

I was lucky in the sense that the clutch hydraulics were OK as was the
radiator and gas tank. The engine was OK as well.

Still, I dropped a tidy chunk of change just getting the car back on the
road. Treat this thing as a project and not as buying a runner and you
should be OK.

Andrew Murphy
SoCalROC