<OT> I was Hacked!

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: <OT> I was Hacked!
From: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 19:18:14 -0800
List,
I was under the incorrect assumption that Internet security was only
necessary for large corporations.  Well, I know better know. My computer was
acting unusual. New steps in the startup procedures were added, Strange
folders suddenly appeared. Every time I would log off the network, the
"connect to the network" dialog box would pop up. If I was logged on, but
doing nothing, there was still outgoing traffic. I found that a shadow file
of every email that I had read or sent was being created.

I asked the one IT Pro at work that I respect and he told me that "Someone's
having fun" Get a firewall program". I installed Norton Internet Security
and it found 3 trojans installed. Since then, the hacker has been blocked
twenty times, as he, she, it has tried 6 variations of trojans and other
methods to regain his playground.

Hopefully, the hacker didn't find anything to vital and now blocked, will go
away. I've been told that at times they retaliate by certain methods once
blocked. I hope that this does not happen as well. Please install a security
device soon on your machines. There is shenanigans afoot.

Victor
70 SRL 31113136
Los Angeles
SoCalROC http://www.ameri-eagle.com/datsun/