Re: <OT> I was Hacked!

To: "Gordon Glasgow" <glasgow@serv.net>,
Subject: Re: <OT> I was Hacked!
From: "roadster" <roadster@rcn.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 21:56:45 -0800
I'm glad Victor blocked the guy before too much trouble happened. I recently
switched to a cable modem connection, and on the recommendation of others I
bought a Linksys Cable/DSL modem. It's got a working firewall that blocks
outside hackers. I got it at a discount, but they only retail about $110.
Well worth the cost as the Linksys allows you to use up to 253 computers on
only one paid IP address (I'm using only 3 PC's for my family). Here's a
review of the 4-port version at
http://www.cable-modems.org/articles/linksys_review/ but the single port
with an ordinary $20 hub like I have works almost as well.

Fred - So.SF