"Rebirth of the Z"

To: Datsun Roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: "Rebirth of the Z"
From: Pamela Pepoy <gppepoy@cybertrails.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 23:12:56 -0800
For those of you that can't get enough of the NEW Z....This weeks Time
magazine has a 3 page feature article.  I'm sorry but... that suckers
butt ugly. What on earth were those people thinking?  Oh well, Nissan
will be waiting a very long time for me to stand in line to buy one.
Oh, if you peruse on to the next page in Time you can read about how
"safe" my 2000 Ford Explorer is to drive. About the only time "old pop
and roll" is safe is when it is parked in the driveway.  That's another
story.  Last week, after some assertive "convincing" I did get the local
Ford dealer to replace my "good" Firestone tires with some new
Michelins.  Oh oh, I  heard a rumor that a major cigarett manufacturer
wants to purchase Firestone.  They figure this purchase can be financed
out of their petty cash fund.  This merger will enabel them to diversify
yet still work on perfecting the fine art of killing off their
clientel.  I am so PO'd at Ford. You would think that after the Pinto
they would have learned about trust and long term versus short tem
gain.  Killing your customers  is not good for your bottom line.
Sorry for the digression.
Guy
Tempe, AZ