muffler vibration

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: muffler vibration
From: Cocairn@aol.com
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 09:53:15 EST
Hi group,
I'm new to the list, having just recently purchased a '70 2000.  This is not
my first roadster as I had a 1600 25 yrs ago, then moved to a 240Z, then a
280, a 200 SX, then another 280.  A real Datsun/Nissan fan!
I'm not much of a mechanic (hardly one at all) but I try to do the few things
I am able to do w/o messing up the car too much.  Right now I have a problm
with the muffler/exhaust system making a huge "roar" about 2000 - 2100 rpms.
This is most evident when I let off the gas after having been at 2300 + rpms.

I'm pretty sure it's the exhaust system, but it's really hard to run along
side the car and look underneath when driving :).  I've been under the car
and everything seems very tight.  Does anyone know: a: what the problem is
and, b. how to eliminate it?
I appreciate your help and enjoy reading all the emails.
Sincerely,
Stephen Smith
70 2000