Re: Brake caliper resleeve

To: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.Hall@msfc.nasa.gov>,
Subject: Re: Brake caliper resleeve
From: "Nathan Ruffcorn" <nruff@famvid.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 14:20:04 -0600
Phil-
Here are two that I have heard referenced in the past.  I have heard outside
the list that both are excellent, although I have only had personal
experience with the second.  The prices may have changed as they are from
'99.  Hope this is helpful.

1) White Post Restorations (http://www.whitepost.com). They charged $80
 a bore (complete -- disassemble, sleeve, new seals and reassemble).
 Someone also said they do just the sleeves for $40 a bore. They use brass
instead of stainless.

2) Two years ago, I had my calipers sleeved by George Frechette General
Machine Service
 in Granby, MA, (800) 528-5235. He uses 304 stainless and Locktites the
 sleeves in, beautiful workmanship too. George charges $40.00 for each
 caliper cylinder, he'll also do the master cylinder for $40.00 at the
 same time (normally $55.00). About a two week turn around.

Nathan
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=123299&Auth=false