RE: Rear axle off centre

To: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>,
Subject: RE: Rear axle off centre
From: Mike Harper <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 07:55:58 -0800 (PST)
Pat & Mike (not the Irish comedy team) both suggest
that my body may be what is off kilter, and that makes
perfect sense.  It should be easier to adjust the body
on the frame than mess with the rear axle, I agree.
My question, for those of you with vast experience,
is: If I want to move the rear wheel well area 1/2
inch to the right (toward the passenger side) how many
mounting bolts should be removed and holes re-drilled,
and where are they all located?  Will I have to remove
them all, or can a few be removed to allow a slight
"shift" of the back end to the right.  I am not sure
where and how many body to frame mounting points there
are.  Alternative is to just put up with a little rub
when I bounce, or go to a smaller tire (after just
sinking my $$ into these).  Any comments are welcomed,
and thanks to all who have given me insight!!  As
always, that's what makes this list priceless.

Mike '66
Charleston SC

http://auctions.yahoo.com/