Re: Rear axle off centre

To: "Mike Harper" <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Rear axle off centre
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 09:28:42 -0500
Mike,

They all need to be loosened or removed I don't remember the exact number
but there are 2 all the way in front, 2 in the engine compartment, 2 under
the front floors, 2 under the rear floor, 2 on the rear shelf, 2 in the rear
wells and 2 in the trunk.

Loosen the parking brake cable all the way and remove the bolt holding the
brake line splitter/proportion valve, the hard fuel line to the engine
compartment, clutch line and whatever else after you carefully check under
the car.

I used a floor jack and 2x4s to jack the body up and pivot it. You don't
need to jack the body too much, less is better but I can guarantee it won't
come off too easily after all these years but it will. Usually it'll just
"pop" off the frame.

You don't need to drill the holes as there is play in the mounting points.

Any other suggestions out there????

Mike