Re: RHD Z-Car

To: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: RHD Z-Car
From: Thomas the Swede <csp311@telia.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 22:39:49 +0100
The L20A was the base Z model engine in Japan because of
lower tax for engines under 2000 cc. They even had it in the
280ZX. For the Z31 300ZX they had a 2 liter V6 called VG20E.
The larger cc export models were optional.

There is still a difference in tax there for cars over 2000 cc
or/and the width of the car. If you look at a Japanese license
plate there's a small number on top. If the number begin with
3x something it's over 2000 cc and/or wide body. If there's a
5x instead it's below 2000 cc. I think the body width limit is
1.7 meter for small cars. Cars with 8x licence are used for
modified cars.

Thomas

--
Thomas the Swede