Re: RHD Z-Car

To: "Datsun Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: RHD Z-Car
From: <eddie@ratdat.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 21:42:46 -0000
Fred,

It may be for taxation reasons in Japan. Their large luxury sedans like the
Cedric came with L20A engines too (not all of them though) and they even
have VG20E engines in later Cedrics rather than VG30E's like we get here. I
know this is due to much higher taxes on engines over 2000cc.
 I think if they had a bigger engine than the L24 back then to use in the US
market they would have used it! Your 810 gets an L24 and ours either an L16
or an L18. Your A10 (510) got an L20B and ours had an A14 (yes that's A not
L... a US spec F10 engine!!) and if you wanted the performance version you
could have an L16 (wow!)

Eddie
England
1969 SRL311
eddie@ratdat.com
www.ratdat.com
I'd like a RHD 240Z too. No time, no money and 18 hungry Datsuns to feed,
though :-(