<OT> 1963 1/2 Ford Falcon "Sprint"

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: <OT> 1963 1/2 Ford Falcon "Sprint"
From: "Tony Genovese" <chaztg@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 18:21:15 -0000
Hey I know this is off-topic,
but my Dad owned this car as a young man before he started a family and this
is one of the only ways I can connect with him because he appears to show no
interest in my Datsuns.
I mentioned to him that I saw a bona-fide 63 1/2 Sprint parked out in front
of a local restaurant the other day and his eyes lit up and he said that
since he traded his in to a car dealer in Colombus back in 1969 (of all
things for a '69 Toyota Corona), he has seen no more than two here in CA in
the last thirty years!
Are they that rare?
He said that they were a limited production car, like the 67 1/2 Roadster,
only a thousand or so were produced; can anyone verify this for me?
I'm not in the know on Fords. But I will say this: the Falcon that I saw was
either fully restored or in mint condition and it was GORGEOUS--my Dad
wasn't lying!
Old Ford Falcons aren't very inspiring, but the Sprint is a beautiful old
car. I guess it was the predecessor to the Mustang. It has a sleek roof
line, 2 doors, a factory dash-mounted tach, 3 on the floor, and a 260 V8. My
Dad said it was the fastest car he ever drove. If I had seen the owner as I
was passing by it, I would have offered him my 240Z in a straight across
trade, and then given it to my Dad!
Tony Genovese
San Diego