continuing brake problem

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: continuing brake problem
From: Cocairn@aol.com
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 21:48:37 EST
Hello list (again):
I wrote a couple of weeks ago about my brake problems.  Finally got up the
courage to change the pads and found very uneven wear.  Replaced the pads and
everything was great for a couple of drives - no pulling right or left, then.
. . sometimes pull to the right, sometimes to the left.  Today I was going to
drive and had no brakes!  Took off left front whell and found brake fluid
leaking out of the caliper.
Since this is technically my wife's car, I've decided to replace the
calipers.  I know this must sound simplistic, but it appears that there are 4
bolts that hold it onto the unit.  Can I just unbolt it and replace with new
ones or (like most things) is it more complicated than that?  I'm not the
greatest mechanic in the world and usually break more than I fix, but I'm
trying to learn.
Thanks for all your help.
Steve Smith
70 2000