Re: Axle Ratios

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Axle Ratios
From: Ken Savage <ksavage@mail.sdsu.edu>
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2001 08:42:23 -0500
Brian,

The '69 PU I had was a PL520 with a J13 ohv engine.  Gears were a 4.67 or
something like that.  I don't know if the PL521 started in late '69 or in
'70.  It had the L16 ohc motor.
I used to have a '68 2L Roadster that had the rear end swapped with a PL521
and 4.37 seems about right. I don't remember what exactly was swapped as it
was twenty or so years ago.  The Roadster was primarily an auto-x car with
solexes, cam, header, and some head work.  The lower 4.37 worked really
well for us.   Lower would have been better, but we had to drive it to and
from the auto-x !

Ken