RE: Axle Ratios

To: "'bholland@hayes.ds.adp.com'" <bholland@hayes.ds.adp.com>,
Subject: RE: Axle Ratios
From: Chris Saulnier <CSaulnier@enerconmaine.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 09:26:45 -0400
The 620 ran from '73 to '79, the 720 from '80 to '85.  Ratios were all over
the place, from 3.70:1 up to 4.375:1 I think (not positive).  Generally, 4WD
trucks will have higher numerical ratio rears.  The only real way to confirm
the ratio and condition of the gearset is to look at it.  The ratio is
stamped into the flank of the ring gear.  There are also issues involving
bolt size... The ring gears are held on by different size bolts in different
applications (sorry I don't know what bolts for what application)  I guess
the long and short of it is, it is possible to find and use H190 rear end
parts from the trucks, but is best experimented with on the bench with
expectation of challenges.

 Chris of Maine "510'er on the Roadster list for a few days"

 '71 WPL510 Wagon LZ22/SU/5 speed
 '71 WPL510 Wagon bone stock
 '72 510 4 door V8 project