Never rains, but it pours! (Asutralian roadster sightings)

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Never rains, but it pours! (Asutralian roadster sightings)
From: "Stephen McCartney" <sgam@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 00:36:15 -0000
Saturday, flat hunting, going from real estate agent to crappy apartment to
real estate agent to... You get the idea.

In the city at one point, not far from where I work, actually.
Sun's out, top down (and they call this winter?!?) when somebody yells out
"Get yourself a REAL car!"
And a silver Datsun 2000 Sports zooms past, driver grinning!
(Don't know why his top was up, though!)

I knew that guy - his car is sometimes parked near work.  Forget his name,
though.

Later in the afternoon (weather's closed in, top's up now) and sitting
at traffic lights.  A red (yes, red Datsun's DO go faster!) cruises past,
along the cross-street.  The driver's not looking around - I had to beep my
horn to get his attention - a quick look and he grins, waves, and he's gone.

Good to share it all, though.  They know, I know, and a select few know how
much fun these cars are.

Cheers,

Steve
(Sun shining again today - and hey, I've got client visits to do!)
'68 2000 Solex