Boiling ponts at different pressures

To: Brian Hollands <bholland@hayes.ds.adp.com>
Subject: Boiling ponts at different pressures
From: Gary Boone <gboone@sisna.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 12:40:48 -0600
Forgot to mention these figures are for pure water (no antifreeze mixed
in, which will increase boiling points, depending on the mix ratio and
type of antifreeze).

>From Marks' Standard Handbook for Mechanical Engineers, Table 4.2.17:
(subtract 14.7 psi from the absolute pressure to determine gauge
pressure)
Absolute Pressure (psi)        Temp (F)
14.696                                211.99
15                                       213.03
20                                       227.96
25                                       240.08
30                                       250.34
35                                       259.30

You can find better steam tables in Thermodynamics books that will give
psi's between these 5 psi increments (unfortunately someone stole mine
from my office years ago).

Gary Boone
'70 2000