Re: Wiring harness dilemma - input please

To: karl.payne@gm.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wiring harness dilemma - input please
From: JRDMF@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 18:52:32 EDT
Karl:

For what it's worth, when I built my car I didn't know about the availiable
stock wiring harness from Les, Stan or anyone else, so since I was already a
Pomona fairgrounds swapmeet "junky" I asked some of the vendors what they
thought. After responding "Datsun what?" they referred me to a company called
"ENOS" industries. The choices these guys give you are almost overwhelming.
You tell them what make and year of your car, what accessories you plan on
putting on it, ie fog lights, stereo, back-up lights, seperate brake and
running lights, etc.......you get the point. They even supplied the wiring
diagram. I ended up locating mine on the inside drivers side firewall, and it
looks and fits like it was made to be there. Keep in mind that they do not
supply any wire or do any pre-wiring for you, but personally I didn't mind
stringing the wire myself because that gave me the opportunity to "solder"
rather than crimp all of the connections. (I know this sounds a bit extreme,
but knock on wood I have had zero problems since I finished this car 3 years
ago.) Cutting and running the wire yourself also gives you the opportunity to
hide as much of it as you like. (Some of us like a clean wire-less look.)
Anyway, I can't say that this is a better or easier way to go. It's just the
way I went because I didn't know I had a choice. I am, however very happy
with the way it turned out.

If you decide to try there unit, and can't find them by name alone then email
me and I will dig through my records and find it for you.

Good Luck...Jon
Huntington Beach  Ca
67.5 1600