It's the head gasket

To: datsun <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: It's the head gasket
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 16:18:52 -0700 (PDT)
Well, after flushing and burping and still overheating, I'm pretty sure
it's the head gasket.  The car actually runs cool enough if it just
idles, but once it gets up to speed and under load it heats up too
quickly.

I noticed that the water level in the overflow tank keeps rising and it
is covered with a frothy white foam.  I assume this is from the air in
the system pushing the water out and some of the air rising to the top
(the foam).  If I'm mistaken about this, please let me know.  Otherwise
the parts are going to be ordered soon, the electric fan is staying on,
and the head's coming off and going into a machine shop.

=====
Adam
'70 1600 SPL311-28181
http://www.picturetrail.com/abend